2. Information Collected about our Customers
In order to provide the highest level of service we will ask for certain personal information, this may be online or otherwise. When accessing our website, we may also collect information about the devices you are using or ask a third party to do so on our behalf. We only collect information that is pertinent to the service we provide and will retain this information for only as long as is needed. Information will be retained for legitimate business activities, statutory or legal obligations or for auditing and regulatory purposes. Where required in line with the services we provide, we may pass your details on to third parties. We do this on the understanding that they treat your information as confidential and only use it for the purpose for which it has been supplied. Your personal information will be held securely on our system throughout our relationship with you, using a variety of systems and controls to protect your data from being used or disclosed in any way it shouldn’t. This information will include data provided by you or others and may be provided in many ways including but not limited to:
- Information provided in applications, emails and letter, telephone calls and conversations held face to face. Also, information may be acquired from completing forms on our website, customer surveys, questionnaires, competitions and promotions and through use of our company website.
- Details of User’s visits to the site including, but not limited to, the referrer page, the pages of the site accessed, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, along with the time of these events.
- Information received from third parties such as credit reference agencies, mortgage lenders and insurance companies, social networking and comparison sites or fraud prevention agencies.
When making an enquiry with us we will ask you to provide some initial contact details. These may include your name, previous name, address history, date of birth, contact telephone number and email address. If you advise us of a change to your personal information we will update the records on our database. It is, however, your responsibility to provide any other party where you may have opened an account or policy.
If you use a service or product through Key Property Consultants, we may ask you for your bank details. We commit to destroying this information as soon as any payment has been made. We do not retain details of debit or credit cards.
When providing information about a third party such as in a joint application you should ensure you have their permission. We will store their information as described in this privacy notice.
3. Use of our website
Any data gathered via our website www.keypropertyconsultants.co.uk is owned solely by Key Property Consultants and will only be utilised for the purposes described in this policy. All data is stored on servers in the UK. When visiting our website or using our online service, certain data is collected automatically. This includes but is not limited to:
- How you connect to the internet, including your IP address.
- How you use our site such as screen resolution and browser data stored on your advice, such as cookies. A cookie is a text-only string of data that is entered into the cookie file or ‘memory’ of the browser on your computer. It will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies help Key Property Consultants to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
- Information about the device software and internet browser used.
- Location data such as the area of the IP address used when accessing our online services. This information enables us to estimate audience size and usage patterns, recognise you when you return to the site and remember aspects of site subscription information and facilitate site enabled communication services. In order to maintain and improve our level of customer service, we may monitor or record our phone calls with you. This is not only used for training purposes but also helps detect and prevent fraud.
4. Using Personal Information
Personal data received by Key Property Consultants may be used in a number of ways in order to continually improve the service we offer. This may include but is not limited to:
- Enabling the use of our website to accept you as a new or returning customer
- Letting you know of changes to our products and services
- Confirming your identity and the information you provide
- Improving how we support our customers
- Staff Training
- Maintaining our records
- Improved communications
- Fraud investigation and prevention